Yeap, just as you read – i just have an accident while riding the bicycle down hill of the mountain pass. Is the injury serious? well, it is, enough for me to take some times off from daily life to stay home, hoping for a prefect recovery. That is a real unfortunate. But thanks to it that I realize how lucky I am in this world.
Just before that 1 day, i felt miserable about my life. It was not because I was poor, or I was maltreated by life. I was because I did not know what i was born for. I did not like the way people around me behaving – all about money, two or more faces for favor and power. Continue reading “The accident that helps”
Paris has always been in her mind since the 6th grade in school. She learned French – the most beautiful language in the world. She learned about the country, the culture and people. She learned from school, from reading books and from conversations with her teachers. She loved France and its culture.
She missed some chances to go to France. She failed a number of scholarships to France. Things did not go right for the whole school time – from 6th grade until the graduation of her undergrad . It seemed like she and France were not meant for each other. That did nothing but strengthened the desire for France, like a baby crying louder when she does not get candies from Mom. Oh France, until when?
Finally the day has come. She is so excited and also nervous when boarding. She chuckle after the short conversation in French with the air-hostess. Continue reading “Paris – the dream coming true”
I found Singapore green to an unexpected level. Walking along Orchard Street, I ended up at Fort Canning Park. It was such a great yet surprising feeling of seeing big trees and variety of plants in the middle of the city. There are signs about names, origins and daily use of each type of trees and plants. The signs are small, but are big in the education mission in order to get the awareness of tourists and residents of the importance of trees. They make sure that people do not take for granted the lung of the city.
Continue reading “Green Singapore – Let’s make it our garden”
Hasn’t been satisfied with just the South part of Phu Quoc yet, I came back to the island, and this time, to the North
1. Speed limit: It took us 35 minutes to fly from Saigon to Phu Quoc, but believe it or now, it took us an hour to go from the airport to our resort. Taxi drivers in Phu Quoc really obey the speed limit. I noticed this not just once. Feeling safe – yes. Feeling annoyed – YES. Main roads in Phu Quoc are new and wide open, but the speed limit is just 40 km/h in town – bleh.
2. Accommodation & beach:this time, we stayed at Coco Palm resort at Ong Lang beach. I personally really like this resort. Rooms for guests are located in a well designed and maintained garden of tropical trees. All of them face the beach. They have one of the best beaches in Phu Quoc. The beach has white and soft sand. It is so pure and clear that you can see what are under the water. It’s right next to the fancy Mango Bay resort in walkable distance, either along the beach or following the road, for dinner or other facilities. Some bad comments about this resort are (i) poor quality of food provided and (ii) there was no pick-up service available for us. But guys – the beach is really amazing. Boat tours do drop customers at this beach for them to swim!
A morning waking up by the sound of the sea, birds and trees
Walking along the white sand beach to enjoy the gentle waves
Sitting down on the sand to quietly observe the beauty of the area – long coast surrounding the forest, blue sea, white sands and green trees. Here and there are houses for tourists. Boats getting and leaving the wharves.
Those are my favorites things to do in Koh Rong in a runaway vacation of mine
I decided to go to Koh Rong after looking to all the beautiful pictures of the island, thinking that Photoshop or Instagram are magicians which can make things much more splendid than they really are. Pretty sure that you cannot agree with me more 😉 However, Photoshop and Instagram do not need in this case. I was numb when the boat got the island – the sightseeing is so beautiful. Continue reading “Kohrong – the beauty of a remote island”
1. Tours: Phu Quoc island is divided to 3 regions: the South, the Center and the North. The tours are sold according to such division also. If you are not interested in fishing & snorkeling, using tour agency is not much helpful in my personal experience. The tour agenda is the same for all agencies and can be found anywhere. You can do the visit yourself because locations are easy to reach.
2. Beach: Phu Quoc has beautiful shores. I was only in Phu Quoc long enough to discover the South of the island. Sao beach is a beautiful beach where the long coast is filled with white sands and gentle slop to the sea. Following dirt roads to the entrance, you might feel it is strange when the entrance of the beach is the entrance of the restaurants. Do not hesitate to enter, even though you might just want to enjoy the beach. You can rent a bench for VND200k, or a hammock for VND100k to secure a place to rest in the shadow. Or you can also just lay down on the beach for free and enjoy. Watch out for jelly fish when planning your trip to Phu Quoc. The beach in front of my resort was filled with jelly fish when I was there. Not all jelly fish makes you feel itchy, that is the good thing. However, the feeling of having jelly fish everywhere when you are under the water is kinda gross. Continue reading “Phu Quoc – South region – 7 things discovered in my trip”
While walking around Siam area for the some foods, I met a very helpful guy sitting in front of a door. He was really willing to help showing stuff and explaining things to me. He worked for the information office nearby. According to him, that day was the official Buddhist holiday in Thailand, thus, all the tours would be at a discount. He recommended me to take the tuk tuk to the Thai Pier and then the boat tour for just 1,500 bath instead of 3,000 bath on other days. He emphasized that the boat tour deal would be closed in an hour and ran to find me a tuk tuk so that I could catch the last one. Being too hungry and didn’t want to rush I said thanks and walked away, feeling regretful that I forwent such a good deal. Continue reading “Bangkok – I’m working for the information office”
1. Beach – Beaches in Pattaya are no special. We went there in the hurricane season thus snorkeling was impossible due to strong movements of the waves. The closest island to Pattaya is Koh Larn. We could only go to 2 among 6 beaches of the island. Nual Beach, or Money Beach, has white and soft sand along the coast. I’d recommend this beach if you come visit Koh Larn. Samea Beach was packed with tourists when we were there due to convenient transportation from Pattaya (there is a boat goes directly from Pattaya port to Samea beach). The beach has too much dead coral along the coast. Your feet and legs are really at risk when you run to the water. Chairs are placed so closed to the water that it’s hard to find a sandy area for sun bathing.
2. Transportation – You have some options to travel to the island. Popular way is to take the public boat to the island for 30 baths each way. Then motorbike or taxi to specific beach on the island with 40 bath each way cheapest. Second option is to take the boat tour to the island for 150 baths round trip, with discount price on the rent chairs. This is cheaper than taking the public boat in our experience. You can also take the speedy boat. That is such an adventure – the boat bumps on the water surface continuously. This method is not recommended for those who has seasick, of course. Continue reading “Pattaya – 9 things discovered in my trip”
Since I was a kid, the word power came to me so often – power of the manager, of the teacher, of a citizen, etc. I was just old enough to understand that having power was so cool. Having power made people afraid of you and talk about you all the time. With some experiences in life, both of my own, and of people around, I realize that having power means a lot more than that.
Having power means having more information. You, thus, have more time for preparation or for speculation. You can even use your power to hide the information completely or to distort it for your good sake, so that people will not know about it, or know about it wrong. Continue reading “Power”