1. Beach – Beaches in Pattaya are no special. We went there in the hurricane season thus snorkeling was impossible due to strong movements of the waves. The closest island to Pattaya is Koh Larn. We could only go to 2 among 6 beaches of the island. Nual Beach, or Money Beach, has white and soft sand along the coast. I’d recommend this beach if you come visit Koh Larn. Samea Beach was packed with tourists when we were there due to convenient transportation from Pattaya (there is a boat goes directly from Pattaya port to Samea beach). The beach has too much dead coral along the coast. Your feet and legs are really at risk when you run to the water. Chairs are placed so closed to the water that it’s hard to find a sandy area for sun bathing.
2. Transportation – You have some options to travel to the island. Popular way is to take the public boat to the island for 30 baths each way. Then motorbike or taxi to specific beach on the island with 40 bath each way cheapest. Second option is to take the boat tour to the island for 150 baths round trip, with discount price on the rent chairs. This is cheaper than taking the public boat in our experience. You can also take the speedy boat. That is such an adventure – the boat bumps on the water surface continuously. This method is not recommended for those who has seasick, of course.
3. Going out – Waking street is famous for sex show and booze. That is a great place to find girls without or with little clothes. Beside that t’s hard to find sexy girls in an interesting way. We were so disappointed to see Russian show. It was more about asking for money than giving a great show. No turn-on point found.
4. Going out – Walking street is not the only fun place to hang out in town. Along the beach road, you will find alleys with so many bars and clubs. Better music, less girls and cheaper price for booze. Ereka!
5. Transportation – Driving tuk tuk is so convenient in Pattaya. If you can find the main routes of tuk tuk, it’s just 10 baths per person for each drive. Private tuk tuk is subject to negotiation, but normally no less than 100 baths.
6. Community – Pattaya is not only the destination of tourist. There is a big community of expats living there to work for companies in the free zone 1 hour away. Their daily activities do not have much to do with waking street and sex shows but expensive deluxe apartments, high class restaurants and chill bars.
7. People – Together with Russian, German makes up a big part of tourist in Pattaya. They have a community of old and retired people living in Thai Garden resort.
8. Going out – Tiffany show gives you a splendid stage with well dressed transgender ladies dancing and lip-sync. The show in general is good if you don’t mind the details. Note that entrance price for foreigners are much higher than for local. You might want to buy tickets out on the street for cheaper price (local price plus mark up, but still cheaper than at the counter). Importantly, unlike Moulin Rouge or Las Vegas show, this is fully clothes show 😉
9. Living style – It is common to see white guys dating Thai girls in Pattaya. This is a trend of international love in this era where international cultures integrating. So don’t be offensive if people give you mean look and comments if you are Asian traveling with your white boy…